Monday, December 22, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas

'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas..."

Born and raised in Brisvegas and here I am wishing our Christmas here could be white!!! We are enjoying some particularly hot days. The forecast however is for a wet and muggy Christmas day. We had planned to be sitting in my brothers blow up pool under his Great Aussie Deck...will have to wait and see.

We had a lovely weekend. We celebrated Christmas with my dad and his wife on Saturday. Lots of gifts, swimming in the pool and way too much food, as always. Sunday I braved the shops again and then had a lovely summer solstice celebration with friends to finish off the weekend. Kev found some friends to 'jam' with and the kids ran around like crazy. I enjoyed the beautiful company of my friends.




I hope the next few days for you all aren't too crazy. I am having a well deserved massage this morning and then, off to do the grocery shopping!! I hope we can all remember why we are celebrating Christmas and not get too caught up in the negative side. I am looking forward to spending some time with a family I dearly love and find this a great opportunity to appreciate all that I already have, and put some hope into a brighter future for us all.

Happy days before Christmas!


No comments: