Saturday, April 4, 2009

RIP computer

Firstly, I must apologise for taking so long to update. It seems our computer has died and left us. I only wish I had backed up the files. Yes, you got it. We are a couple of those silly people who forgot to back up their files and photos. It is a skill I have never learnt and have always relied on Kevin to do for me. Apparently such an easy thing to do and something I never put the energy into. Kevin should not have had such a responsibility when the computer is used mostly by me. We have lost all the photos taken since leaving Canada for our Aussie journey. I honestly felt like throwing up when we were told. I do have most of the pictures on Facebook but they are not able to be printed from there. So, please let my oversight be a lesson to you all…BACK UP your files and if you don’t know how, learn NOW!! I do have another piece of information for you that I didn’t know….the computer technician informed me that you are supposed to clean the air vents on your laptop. We had ours for about 6 years and I didn’t clean them once! The dust and yuck, built up overtime and eventually destroyed the hard drive. Again, another seemingly easy task, achieved by vacuuming the vents.
I am in the process of writing about our New Zealand adventure and will update you very soon.
Wishing you all a happy weekend!

No comments: