Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Welcome to the 'cottage' and.....

Firstly, thank you so much to everyone who sent emails or left comments during my absence. It was so lovely to read your well wishes in such a trying time. We are through the worst of it now and I feel content with how things have worked out. They are still not how we had hoped but at least we have a roof over our heads and are all together, warm for the winter.
Here is where our plans went a little sideways. We are unable to get into our new home just for the moment so we have had to rent a house, no lets call it a cottage so it feels more like a holiday! It is a gorgeous, old 'cottage' on the hill just outside our little town.



At present (before the snow flies) we are parking on level ground to the house, just near the garden shed. However when it snows, we will be parking down here.......

Yup, down the bottom of this flight of stairs. I can just see me now with bags of groceries, crying kids and snow covered stairs!!!! Are you laughing yet?
Lets cheer things up a little and go inside.....first stop, the living room.

A small but cosy space. I can see myself snuggled on my chair knitting the winter away.



My new 'nook' in the kitchen where I can work and oversee the kids at the same time.

Upstairs there is 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and laundry. The boys keep asking why did they build that bathroom upstairs but it does comes in handy in the middle of the night. We have had to store most of our belongings and just kept the bare essentials here. It will certainly be an adventure this winter and boy will the kids have a blast toboganning down these hills!
I also wanted to share some very wonderful news indeed. My niece was born on October the 9th, beautiful Iris Tierra. Well done Melanie and Ron. I know you will cherish this precious little bundle.


No comments: