Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kitchen

Hello!!! I apologise for being away from this space for so long now. It has been a stressful but rewarding road and I needed to just be. I am so happy to be back and I have so much to share with you all. So as not to overwhelm myself or you guys, I am going to break the renovation pictures down room by room and share a little each time. I thought I would start with the kitchen as it is the heart of our home.

To go back and set the scene, this is what the kitchen looked like at the beginning:

And mid way through the construction:


And now.........



We still have lots of work to do but it is starting to really come together. We still have mouldings to put up, a pantry to build and an island to replace our camp kitchen island! We are planning on painting the kitchen cupboards a creamy colour but for now, I really like the wood. It clashes with the flooring a little but each day I notice it less and less. I love the open feel and think it is going to be a great place to entertain and hang out as a family.

So that's all I have for you right now. I will maybe move into the bathroom next time! See you then.

2 comments:

Janine said...

What a difference, looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the rest of the reno. Luv Janine xxx

Catherine said...

Stacey! It's so good to see you back online in Blogsville! The kitchen looks really warm, cosy, countryish and inviting. YOur kitchen is a great place to be for a piggy like me! I've missed your posts but thanks so much for your comments - at least I knew you were still alive out there in the Canadian wilderness. How are the lovely men? xxxxx Big cuddle and oohs and ahhs at the reno. Wish I was there to help stack your pantry. xx