Monday, January 17, 2011

Harry and his friends

It is so interesting to watch my eldest child interact with others.  I love seeing what strengths and weaknesses are brought about by different personalities.  I look after a young man from Harry's class, 3 afternoons a week, until his parents get home from work.  At times the boys are wildly rambunctious, other times they are hotly debating dinosaurs, animal facts, God and other worldly topics (seriously, it is hilarious to listen to some days!!).  Most times however, the two boys gravitate towards drawing.  They particularly like large pieces of paper where they can both create together maps, treasures, games, mountains, animal traps and beastly creatures.  And then, there is Sadie....who we look after every now and then, but when we do it is always entertaining!!  I really don't think it is because of the boy - girl differences.  I really believe it has more to do with their personalities.  Sadie and Harry's favourite activity???  Dancing around the living room with the music up REALLY loud.....

doing the Tango

The 'Funky' chicken.....

freestyle, I guess?!?!?!?!?!!??

Sam and Thane sometimes join in with the outlandish personalities of these two but mostly they just watch and admire.  Sometimes I too jump in and remember myself dancing through my house as a child.  I am so glad Harry has someone to do it with and laugh and laugh and laugh with.  Good times I say, good times.  And thanks Sadie for bringing out this fun, energetic and crazy chicken dancing side of my beautiful, old soul of a boy!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

These photos are great, Stace - too funnY! Harry is so well-rounded. I remember doing crazy dancing around the lounge-room with my bestie too. They really were fun times.love ya lots mateyxxx