Friday, October 15, 2010

My Thanks Giving ride

There really is something special about riding through the trees, on a gentle, beautiful horse and staring at the amazing surrounding.  I was so lucky this weekend to ride Pickles on a 2 hour ride through Oasis.  It was stunning and I was oh so thankful.






I have been riding on and off for the past couple of years with Pickles and while I have always gotten a lot out of it, I have never been able to let go of my fear of galloping.  I was thrown a few times growing up on the farm and I think I equated 'running' with being thrown and losing control.  I guess as I aged, the fear grew stronger until it was choking me.  Every time I went for a ride I would be scared to let the horse go and trust her.  I have been working on a few things lately and I was amazed to see it transfer, to how I am with Pickles.  I finally got over my fear of galloping and boy, what a thrill!!!  The wind on my face and the giggles that bubbled up out of my core was fantastic.  I was on a high for hours after and I am so looking forward to our next ride.  Thanks Pickles!!

2 comments:

Janine said...

Way to go Stacey - what an achievement, no wonder you were on a high for hours afterwards.

Michelle said...

Congratulations Stacey! There really isn't any feeling like it. I used to to ride a lot, but haven't since I became a mom. I'm planning to again, though, when Noah is just a wee bit older :-)

I'm so happy for you!
~Michelle