Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crochet and swimming lessons

Kevins time in hospital meant long days sitting beside his bed watching him sleep. From fear of feeling useless and to distract myself from thinking too much, I decided to teach myself how to crochet. My friend Leah had tried to show me back in Canada last year but I really didn't get it!! Perhaps the complete and utter devotion of just sitting there and concentrating (something novel for most of us mums!) I started to get it! I saw a cute hat on Threadbanger and decided to try it. I didn't have the correct size hook but thought I could wing it. I was wrong, as when I was finished, it was huge!! That is ok though as by this time Kevin was feeling better and was awake alot more. He helped me unpull it and wind the wool back up so I could start again. I haven't yet picked it up again but, I know I will. I will keep you posted!

The boys also had their first swimming lessons on Tuesday. They loved it and the teacher was brilliant with them. Sam has asked about 4 or 5 times everyday since them if we can go back to swimming lessons, so fingers crossed that keeps up!!


No comments: