Sunday, February 8, 2009

Challenges ahead

This year is shaping up to be one full of challenges and heartache, and it is only the beginning of February! My heart goes out to all the people affected by the devasting fires in Victoria. It is hard to imagine that so many peoples lives have been destroyed. In the North of Australia, they are suffering from huge rain falls and flooding. Mother Nature is sure unleashing upon them. Sending out our hearthfelt sympathy to them all.

On both sides of our family, we have learnt of people being rushed to hospital in the past few days. And this is when I start to wonder, what is going on? The start to this year has really tested my strength and I was amazed at what I have uncovered about myself. I guess, when there are so many monumental things happening around the nation and at our own doorstep, it is crucial to look for the simple pleasures in life. Those small moments that bring us joy, and to hold on tight to them. Like an evening with friends, a morning at the markets, an afternoon with my son exploring the bay, special father and son time at the rink....it is all worth it. It all adds up. Bank it. Bank these beautiful moments in your memory to draw on in difficult times. May peace fill all your hearts.

No comments: