Monday, June 22, 2009

Busy working weekend

Saturday morning I spent out of doors with the boys as I knew I would spend the rest of the weekend indoors serving people. I felt I needed to be grounded so what better place to head than the garden. I love the feeling of the warm sun on my back and the cool, damp soil under my feet . I love pulling each weed out, one by one. I love how Harry and Sam play on their own, then feel the need to come and help. "Wow look at the roots on this one Mummy". They would help for 15 minutes and then get back to their soccer/rugby game or play in the sand pit. Daddy made us a yummy picnic lunch of grilled cheese sandwhiches and fruit to share on the front lawn. Such a simple morning but such a lovely way to be together.


Sunday night I finished work early and spent the evening with Kevin's lovely family. Kevin spent the day golfing with his dad, brother and nephew. It still feels so funny to celebrate Father's Day in June (in Australia it is in September). We will do something special again for Kevin then when things are more settled for us.

Now I have a mountain of house work to attack before heading off to work again. I am going to put on my apron and get to it!

No comments: